Thursday, May 20, 2010

HOPE in the LORD


Feeling weary? Looking for HOPE in all the wrong places?

28 Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom.
29 He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.
30 Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall;
31 but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

 *HOPE is a verb here that means
to wait, look for, hope, expect
            waiting
            to wait or look eagerly for
            to lie in wait for
            to wait for, linger for
            to collect, bind together
to be collected

God understands us far better than we understand ourselves. He knows that on our own we are weary and worn slick from life. We are overwhelmed and embarrassed to be so. Where can we find the HOPE we so desperately need to maneuver through the mess that we are? Ah, from Him, of course! He has all the strength and power we need! He is the Everlasting God! The Creator of the ends of the earth – those ends that include you and me! His resources are inexhaustible! He never wearies and His understanding is infinitely beyond our understanding.

The secret to our soaring vs. sinking is to draw from HIS inexhaustible resources, not ours. We don’t have to muster up enough strength or hope to make it. If we have accepted and placed personal faith in His Son, we have GOD Himself living and breathing inside of us! If we HOPE in Him, He WILL give us everything we need for life and godliness. We have HIS Word on it! Our strength WILL BE RENEWED! We WILL soar!

Oh God, help us place our HOPE in YOU, not in shaky circumstances. You are more than what we need. Help us look at YOU, to You, and for You. Help us look and wait for the sights and sounds of Your Presence with the kind of eager expectation that expects to find You. Oh God, be obvious to and in us. YOU ARE our HOPE.


REALLY RELATING
Are you weary from the circumstances or pace of your life? How can you place your HOPE in God that you might be renewed?

*The NAS Old Testament Hebrew LexiconBrown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius.

3 comments:

  1. Lately I've been feeling beyond weary. I just keep telling myself that nothing is impossible for God and that he alone can water my dry bed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the "Do you not know? Have you not heard?" part...In my ears and to my heart I hear God saying "Trish! Really? You've forgotten again? Well then let me tell you...." He knows how forgetful I am. How quickly I abandon his truths in the midst of my chaos and hopelessness and depression. But he reminds me gently, through his word, through good friends, and many other ways...that he's still got this thing. All of it. Thanks for the reminder. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments girls. We just gotta keep coming to Jesus. He IS the HOPE that our weary soul needs. I'm so grateful that He still lets me come to Him even when I've forgotten to do so. May you feel His strength and comfort today.

    ReplyDelete